About Alexander Haudan
WHY the law?
I was attracted to the profession because it requires strong logical and analytical reasoning skills. As a law student, I encountered a fascinating variety of cases and fields of practice. Today I know that there is no better way to bring my talent and abilities to bear than in the exciting and varied practice of law.
WHY intellectual property?
My interest in the protection of one’s own ideas and creative works brought me to the special division for copyright and competition law matters at the Regional Court (Landgericht) of Berlin during my legal clerkship. I was intrigued by the fast pace and the variety of issues touching so many different aspects of life. And as a legal practitioner, I enjoy the challenge of designing air-tight structures for production and marketing.
WHY my own law firm?
After 14 years of being a partner in a growing international law firm, I found the freedom and independence of a solo practice, where I alone set the optimal, tailor-made strategy for my clients, very appealing. For me, this more intimate form of collaboration with clients – founded on mutual trust in an atmosphere specifically focussed on their interests – is what being a lawyer is all about. It enables me to ensure that my clients receive high-quality, comprehensive advice.
- Legal clerkship (Referendariat) stations:
- Legal Department of the Trust Agency (Treuhandanstalt), Leipzig, 1992
- Legal clerkship in Berlin and Tokyo, Second State Law Exam, 1995
- Stationen des Referendariats:
- 16th Civil division of the Regional Court (Landgericht) of Berlin (special division for copyright and competition law)
- Independent contractor and trainee lawyer at Boden Oppenhoff Rasor Raue, Berlin (unfair competition and press law)
- Sonderhoff & Einsel, Tokio (patent and trademark law)
- Attorney (Rechtsanwalt) since 1995
- Partner, Taylor Wessing, 2000
- Solo practitioner since 2012
- Born 1965 in Cologne; married with thee children